It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:33 pm

rural fire and EMS

Whatever you want to talk about. Cars, politics, dogs, etc.
I'm sure we have an expert here!
  • Author

BlueSkyGuy

Superstar member

rural fire and EMS

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 8:16 pm

here is an off topic item for ya

so what is the deal?

was involved in a minor fender bender on a rural highway, both cars were well off the road, no injuries, no debris in the road, no traffic problems

we did not call 911, they showed up with a fire truck and 3-4 good ole boys with their pick up trucks

we did not need them, we did not call them, there was nothing for them to do

so I get a bill for over $300 and after the above stuff was discussed they say I still owe the bill, my insurnace company says no way, we have refused to pay, they say they will go after me and it will be reported to credit agencies as a deliquent debt

scmedic84

Advanced member

• nospam: no

Re: rural fire and EMS

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 9:25 am

The billing issue is an unfortunate way to re coop money lost in falling budgets. It Costs lots of money, even for a rural fire department, to operate. That is unfortunate that you can't talk to the department chief and say that there weren't any services rendered, and the fire department wasn't requested. Dispatchers have the unfortunate task of deciding who gets dispatched, and most of the time it's based on the fire department's own policy's about response. If you don't mind me asking where did this occur? I know some departments in my county are also billing for services, most of the time if the insurance doesn't pay then they don't collect.
"The Wet Dream"
197 SF Suzuki 150 4-Stroke
Ladson, SC

BlueSkyGuy

Superstar member

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 8:50 am

it was not in the Low Country, in the upstate, my son is a paramedic in Lexington, starting in Charleston next week, he used to volunteer at a county service and told me they billed for everything hoping that some would pay

if I had used their services I'd gladly pay, when they arrived they parked partially in the road creating a traffic problem then spent 20 minutes talking with each other and collecting data so they could send the bill, I did not give them my info so guess they got it from highway patrol or SC license records

got a letter from the insurance company telling me their lawyer would handle it

scmedic84

Advanced member

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 am

I'm glad to hear your insurance company is helping out... And Your son will like Charleston County... Great large system...
"The Wet Dream"
197 SF Suzuki 150 4-Stroke
Ladson, SC

pioneero

Site Admin

PostThu Sep 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Good on your insurance company

Return to Off topic