It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Ipad

Whatever you want to talk about. Cars, politics, dogs, etc.
I'm sure we have an expert here!
  • Author

pioneero

Site Admin

• nospam: no

Ipad

PostSun Jun 20, 2010 8:59 pm

I got the wifi only ipad. The keyboard works great. The device is very much like my ipod touch, but bigger and with better apps. Web surfing is great. Netflix works great and instant movies have worked without any issues, they look great, perfect for laying in bed. I bought the (50 bucks) component video hookup, hooked it up to a 26" lcd hdtv flatscreen and it works good too. Its not full screen HD, not sure if its just a limit of the device, the way I have it hooked up or what, but it looks good, sounds great and again its instant. The battery life has been great. I was surprised at how much my wife and 5 year old have taken to it. I'm the one who's usually into this type of poop but they have been all over it. Wife still prefers her kindle for reading, atleast she claims too, I think she may just be saying that though. There are some great kid games and learning apps, the 5 year old is using it for that and watching movies. Like I said, they hog it and I'm posting this on my blackberry. I got the video cables and a case at the apple store downtown because I didn't want to wait and order them, the store seems too arrogant for my liking.
We were tallying up our apple related crap, so far up to 2 nanos, 1 newest nano, a latest gen touch, and now the ipad. (Plus 2 broken older nanos and a broken classic ipod). That a lot of poop. The ipad though is the best I have seen so far. Seems like a perfect around-the-house device. It won't replace a fullblown laptop for work but I can see it being all that's needed for much of my work traveling. I see its true value for someone that may keep a household laptop in the kitchen for use around the house, mainly web surfing and music...and now as movie machine.

cduced

Superstar member

Re: Ipad

PostMon Jun 21, 2010 11:22 am

Keep drinking the cool-aid. You need the new iPhone too and a new mac-mini...

Disclosure: I bought some AAPL the day of the iPad launch @ 204. Should have bought a lot more! :-)

-- Bud

pioneero

Site Admin

PostThu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 pm

cduced wrote:Keep drinking the cool-aid. You need the new iPhone too and a new mac-mini...

Disclosure: I bought some AAPL the day of the iPad launch @ 204. Should have bought a lot more! :-)

-- Bud

I hear ya on the cool aid! The iPad so far has been very cool though to have around.

pioneero

Site Admin

PostMon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

The iPad is a toy and pisses me off. It sucks for work related functionality. It's only good for web surfing and watching movies.

BlueSkyGuy

Superstar member

PostMon Aug 23, 2010 6:30 pm

pioneero wrote:The iPad is a toy and pisses me off. It sucks for work related functionality. It's only good for web surfing and watching movies.

was at a trade show last week and a vendor had his product demo on an Ipad, after 10 minutes of constant veiwing with him manipulating the Ipad I asked him if the info was worth veiwing or did he just enjoy playing with his toy, during the few seconds of silence I thanked him for the information and walked away

there was only so much I needed to know about window construction

pioneero

Site Admin

PostThu Aug 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Testing it out now from 30k feet. Seems to work good for this.

Return to Off topic