It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Argentina Dove Hunting

Whatever you want to talk about. Cars, politics, dogs, etc.
I'm sure we have an expert here!
  • Author

BlueSkyGuy

Superstar member

Argentina Dove Hunting

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 6:00 pm

I can't seem to catch a fish so went dove hunting in Cordoba Argentina with Argentina Wild Wings, the guy that owns it is from SC
http://www.argentinawildwings.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHhYNqwPE8

impossible to describe, birds fly from sun up to sun down, 83 million resident doves, considered a pest, destroy 40% of the food crop, no closed season - no limit, shoot until you get tired

we hunted 6 times about 2.5 hours each time, the six of us harvested 11,123 doves, shot 709 boxes of shells, for a 62.8% hit rate, it is hard to keep your gun loaded, I averaged about 3 shots a minute which includes the 15-30 minute breaks I took mid-hunt, we used their 20-guage Beretta 391's, most guns would croak being shot this much

food was incredible, all fresh, steaks were 2" thick, the meat is cooked outdoors on a wood fire

open bar, huge comfortable rooms, private bathroom, nightly entertainment, massages

Rick, myself and a feathered friend

the gang

one day of hunting, 4,869 birds

Maria, nightly entertainment

salty dog

Superstar member

Re: Argentina Dove Hunting

PostWed Oct 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Now THAT looks like a roadtrip with the boys! :idea:
Salty Dog
2007 197 SF
140 Suzuki

BlueSkyGuy

Superstar member

Re: Argentina Dove Hunting

PostSat Oct 31, 2009 7:03 am

Yep, next adventure, hopefully, is a Costa Rica fishin trip in February. The same guy that runs the Argentina thing is arranging the trip.

But before that I need to find a spot to harvest a deer. Had great expectations last weekend in Bamberg on some prime land. All we saw were a few does. The moon and warm weather must have goofed em up.

Return to Off topic