Finally put fish box to the test :-D

Reports, tips, questions.
  • Author

Pioneer180

Superstar member

• nospam: no

Finally put fish box to the test :-D

PostFri Dec 11, 2015 9:30 am

Usually I use the front compartment to store stuff. After dealing with too many bloody mess on the deck on my Dolphin fishing trips I decided to do I guess the common thing and on recent trips I started throwing them inside the fish box and let them kick & jump until they die. That has worked great. But on this trip yesterday I also was able to catch enough to need to keep them there. :o Added some ice and they stayed cool until end of trip. I have my transom cooler where just for convenience I kept the other Skip Jack tunas we caught. Just one of those nice fishing days :D

2015 197SF - Suzuki DF150
2012 180SF - Suzuki DF115 Sold

SAVHDOG

Intermediate member

Re: Finally put fish box to the test :-D

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Very Nice. Thanks for sharing.
Ed
2011 Pioneer 197

cjm1988

PostWed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Beautiful fish! Wish I was closer to the Gulf Stream in SC... Friends have a place in Jupiter and looking to trailer down soon for a few days.

CJM

Pioneer180

Superstar member

PostThu Jun 30, 2016 1:04 pm

cjm1988 wrote:Beautiful fish! Wish I was closer to the Gulf Stream in SC... Friends have a place in Jupiter and looking to trailer down soon for a few days.

CJM

Thanks. Dolphin fish has been very slow to arrive this year. Last few trips since May I have caught 3 and 1. But every day now is just getting better. Jupiter IMO is the last good place north SE FL to depart offshore as it is still close by to reach them quickly. You will like it.

Return to Fishing