Saturday fishing around Charleston

Reports, tips, questions.
  • Author

wampus cat

Superstar member

• nospam: no

Saturday fishing around Charleston

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Well it was defiantly windy at 6:00am at the marina saturday the 14th, but we decided to give it a try and glad we did. We loaded the live well with about 200 live shrimp and a dozen or two finger mullet. The wind was out of the north to north east at a steady 10kt. We started fishing at Castle Pinkney around 6:45am and had 5 trout over 18" by 7:20 when we decided to make a move. We moved to the beach side jetty rocks to work the last of the outgoing tide and ended up boating and releasing close to 30 small red drum. The tide slacked and the small redfish move out and the black drum moved in. We put 7 keepers in the boat and released another 4. We made a few more moves as the wind began to increase and boated just one more 18" plus trout and decided to call it a day. All in all we iced down 13 fish between two of us that will be used for a fish fry in a month or two.

We were using sliding cork rigs on 1/0 circle hooks with live live shrimp. I usually have pictures, but none this trip. You'll have to take my word for it. If ya'll are in the area of nc, sc or ga, it's time to wet a line. The fish are starting to bite. Get out and fish...

Spindrift197

Re: Saturday fishing around Charleston

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 6:44 am

Sounds like fun! I'm a little farther north (VA) but hope to catch some fish this weekend. I have one sliding cork rig in my tackle box and I may just have to break it out and give it a try. :D

RonC

Superstar member

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 8:50 am

Glad you had a good trip. My friend & I are developing an interest in this area. Please contact if you would. rcnac2@att.net
Ron Conner: Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.

Henry Sikes

Superstar member

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Without pics, it didn't happen!!! :lol:

Good Job Sir!!! :D
Thanks for your support!
Henry

Return to Fishing