Memorial Day Fishing...

Reports, tips, questions.
  • Author

wampus cat

Superstar member

• nospam: no

Memorial Day Fishing...

PostTue May 28, 2013 8:44 am

Went out Sunday with the boy and a flat Atlantic was in front. We ran about 2 hours or son from the jetties on a 155 heading and put the lines in at 180ft. Trolled out and had our first hit in 260ft. Dolphin boated. all though the day was long, we had quality versus quantity. A full moon has never been a great fishing day for me. Ended up with 4 real nice dolphin, i would guess 100+ lbs in the box, and went 4 of 6 with one loss within inches of the gaff. the line popped about 12" above the swivel. I'm double lining those rods later today. The only rods that saw action were the 2 outrigger rods and the lures were the Z-Man pink and purple/black 4" chuggers with ballyhoo.

I have some video of two of the fish I need to edit and i'll try to get it posted later on.

tango2echo

Advanced member

Re: Memorial Day Fishing...

PostWed May 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Awesome. What inlet do you run out of? What engine? how many gallons did you burn? I do an occasional stream trip out of CBI. About 52-58 miles each way.
2008 Pioneer 197SF Steel Blue hull. Saphire blue top and curtains
2008 Suzuki DF150
"Canadian Miss"
Canadian Miss SKA Fishing Team Captain and Owner

wampus cat

Superstar member

PostThu May 30, 2013 8:01 am

I ran out of Charleston Harbor on a 150 heading. my round trip was somewhere in the 130 mile total. I was about 52 mile from the Charleston jetties at one point and burned about 30 to 35 gallon. My boat is the 197Sf with the Yamaha F150. My cost with fuel, ice and bait was about $160. Thats about $40 per fish.

wampus cat

Superstar member

PostThu May 30, 2013 8:59 am

Edited video of a couple of fish...

one to the gaff and one popping the line.

Each time I went to gaff the fish they swam off just enough to be out of gaff shot. They were giving us the eye the whole time. You could see 'em watching.

http://youtu.be/y-wKpXrNhEQ

Return to Fishing