It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Need Advice - Fishing Oregon Inlet with 180 SF

Reports, tips, questions.
  • Author

Pioneer 180SF

• nospam: no

Need Advice - Fishing Oregon Inlet with 180 SF

PostMon May 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Been mainly fishing my new 180 SF in the river and the Pamlico Sound. I would like to eventually be able to pass thru the inlet a few miles to fish. I was wandering if anyone with a 175 or 180 has been fishing thru Orgeon Inlet? How well does the boat handle? In what seas, winds? I know the inlets in NC can be a dangerous force, and I want to become more acclimated with my boat before I venture off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ccat

Advanced member

Re: Need Advice - Fishing Oregon Inlet with 180 SF

PostMon May 24, 2010 2:02 pm

watch the weather and the tides most of the time south-southwest wind the inlet is nice. really good fishing around the bridge at times. keep in mind that oregon inlet and hatteras inlet can change from calm to terrible in no time. not a place id want to run in and out of on my first voyage outside an inlet. ive rode the back of breakers coming in to hatteras on a sudden wind change that went from calm to rough in 30minutes. oregon inlet is terrrible on a north/northeast wind. hatteras is bad on a southwest/southeast wind. keep in mind wind and tides are everything, outgoing tide with incoming wind is horrible. like i said before its not an inlet id want to take my first trip outside of.
197 SF Mercury Optimax

Return to Fishing