Trolling Saturday

Reports, tips, questions.
  • Author

scmedic84

Advanced member

• nospam: no

Trolling Saturday

PostTue May 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Hope to be Trolling Saturday off charleston for some Mahi/Wahoo, maybe if lucky a tuna or two. Still have my fingers crossed for good weather. If anyone else is out, "The Wet Dream" will have ears out on the VHF.
"The Wet Dream"
197 SF Suzuki 150 4-Stroke
Ladson, SC

pioneero

Site Admin

Re: Trolling Saturday

PostTue May 11, 2010 8:17 pm

We plan on being out Saturday in a 25 Grady walkaround. Hopin too for decent weather

O-Sea-D

PostThu May 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Sw at 10 waves 2-3 ft. Give us a shout on 65 or 16. O-Sea-D. Gettin juiced.
O-Sea-D Boatworks, Mt. Pleasant, SC
http://www.oseadboatworks.com

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

scmedic84

Advanced member

PostSat May 15, 2010 8:23 pm

SLOPPY this morning, soaked to the bone! So to start off, today was my first time having trolled for dolphin, and I hadn't been trolling with anyone else either. Most of my offshore experience is bottom fishing, due to my Diving Addiction. Needless to say diving gear got left at the house this morning. We boated 5 Mahi, missed 1 knockdown, and a stupid Barracuda on the lure I was hoping for wahoo on, only got tangled 2 times (I don't have outriggers). Ahhh yes not to self, don't get your bare feet near the chompers on these guys, aparently Balywhoo are no match for toes! Also washing machine on the way home but well worth the trip. I hope everyone had a good time today! Nice meeting O-Sea-D and Pioneero at Remelys this afternoon.
"The Wet Dream"
Ladson, SC

pioneero

Site Admin

PostSat May 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Good meetin y'all too! The ride out was a whoopin. How'd the boat do in that crap?

scmedic84

Advanced member

PostSun May 16, 2010 9:02 am

I don't have Curtains so it was WET. I think that is my only dislike with the boat any tiny bit of cross wind and the spray gets blown back on you. However I was never scared of taking on water (and there was lots of water that made it's way to the deck), and I never thought we were going to roll. I think the worst part was getting cought in that crap in the dark! I checked the forecast and the 41004 bouy info before I left my house and it said 2' @8sec. FULL OF CRAP! It laid down during the day, but then slopped up again on the way back!
"The Wet Dream"
Ladson, SC

Return to Fishing