It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Sort of Quiet

Reports, tips, questions.
  • Author

Landlocked

Superstar member

Sort of Quiet

PostFri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Not much going on around here lately. Anyone been out.
Tried to tinker with my boat yesterday; marina operators couldn't even get the lift into the boathouse because of THE 2 INCHES OF ICE STILL ON THE GROUND!!!!!........Sh!t!!!

bymorris

Superstar member

Re: Sort of Quiet

PostFri Feb 19, 2010 5:14 pm

I will be installing my amp tomorrow on the 197.

I will make sure to post pictures Saturday night

Maybe even a youtube clip of me jamming out !!! :headbang:

no fishing though, I'm sure I'll get the 197 wet in the end of March
-Brent
Pioneer 197 SportFish
Yamaha F150

Fibes

Superstar member

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 12:50 pm

I helped captain a 38 foot bertram to the stream Sunday. Met the guy at the dock at 2am, piloted out to the South Ledge, trolled for 4-5 hours without a knockdown, steering goes, pump up hydraulics with new fluid, troll some more, engines start to overheat, fixed belt, engines back on track, trolled for nothing, listened to radio complaints of no action, bottom fished, loaded up on Triggers, some nice bottom dwellers (blackfin on squid bottom rig) and a keepable grouper (can't recall the name) started to head back, port engine goes hot, try to fix it to no avail, limp back on one engine with a rudder that is like it's on an elastic band, get back to the dock at 1am and drive home.
Captain Kevin F. Rose
Cape Island 186- "Telecaster"

yellow186

Superstar member

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Yikes! I guess you had a fun day down in the engine room on that trip :shock: At least you got the boat home without a tow :D
It doesn't sound like that Bertram's been getting much in the way of routine maintenance and TLC.
Next time that guy calls for a hand I'd ask him if all that stuff's been squared away. If not, I think I'd stay home and organize my sock drawer or something.

Pete

P.S. Being on "big boats" sure does make one appreciate the simplicity of the little Cape Island sometimes
SeaVee 29
Past owner of a Cape Island 186

BlueSkyGuy

Superstar member

PostFri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Fibes wrote:I helped captain a 38 foot bertram to the stream Sunday. Met the guy at the dock at 2am, piloted out to the South Ledge, trolled for 4-5 hours without a knockdown, steering goes, pump up hydraulics with new fluid, troll some more, engines start to overheat, fixed belt, engines back on track, trolled for nothing, listened to radio complaints of no action, bottom fished, loaded up on Triggers, some nice bottom dwellers (blackfin on squid bottom rig) and a keepable grouper (can't recall the name) started to head back, port engine goes hot, try to fix it to no avail, limp back on one engine with a rudder that is like it's on an elastic band, get back to the dock at 1am and drive home.

That is one reason why I don't own a big Bertram :lol:

Return to Fishing