It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:32 am

Audio for the 180

Electronics, projects, motors, drives, props, drill some holes, etc.
  • Author

GaryC

• nospam: no

Audio for the 180

PostWed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Ok I've had the the boat for a while now. I ordered it without audio. I figured I would add it later. What aftermarket systems are you guys using? I figured by adding it myself I would get better quality,and cheaper than the factory install. The factory puts 2 speakers low by your feet. I was thinking up higher one on each side of the console. Dont know if I'll need 2 or 4 speakers. Then where to mount them. Open to all input.

fbcoach

Intermediate member

Re: Audio for the 180

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Just had my complete system replaced with Fusion equipment. Here is what I had installed: Fusion MS-RA70 head unit, MS-AM504 marine amplifier, (2) 6.5 & (2)7.7 Signature Series speakers. It sounds absolutely awesome, cannot imagine how it could sound any better.

GaryC

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm leaning real heavy on the Fusion products. Yours must sound great! Do you have a 180? I'm asking because i want to know where you mounted the speakers. I figure 2 on the console by my feet. But it seems small for 6.5 speakers. So I was looking at the 4 inch. I also was looking at the ra-55 for the head unit.

andyb

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 10:50 am

Skip the MS RA-55. I just installed one a few weeks ago. Screen is already fogged up. Take a look at the 70N. When I was shopping the BOE guys were saying the 70N had a better bonded screen or something like that. Well I went cheap on the 55 and it didn't pay off with a foggy screen after 2 weeks.

4 Wet Sounds 650 speakers, no amp, yet on mine. 197 though so my speaker layout may not apply.

GaryC

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up Andy! Was trying to keep cost down. Was looking at the 70 too. Think I'll forget the 55. Where did you buy from?

andyb

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 7:11 am

I ordered from EC Marine Supply. Then they didn't have the speakers in stock like the website said and they had to refund the speaker amount but did ship the fusion. Then I ended up ordering the speakers from crutchfield. The Wetsounds xs-650 I got are discontinued, so maybe that had something to do with it, sale prices, etc.

If what you're wanting isn't a sale item save yourself the hassle and order it from BOE, International Marine, or The GPS Store. Never had any issues ordering from any of them.

Or even check with some of you local car audio shops. Around here a few of them are also stocking dealers for Marine equipment. I found that out after ordering online.

Return to Technical Discussion, Fix it, improvements