It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:35 pm

gps/combo

Electronics, projects, motors, drives, props, drill some holes, etc.
  • Author

wildoats

• nospam: no

gps/combo

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 am

Whats the nicest unit for flushmout on the 197 Islander, I was with a friend Sunday, his garmin was not to visable in the sunlight. thanks !

Knee Deep

Intermediate member

Re: gps/combo

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Garmin, Simrad and lowrance all make ones that can be flush mounted, It is a personal preference as to which you choose. when I was looking for mine. I sat down and made a list of what I expected out of it. Then I start looking for units that fit these needs. Myself I wanted a Radar system that had exceptional close range and target seperation, for me this was the Simrad/Lowrance 4g radar. So then I looked at where I was going to mount it and had to decide one big screen or two smaller ones. I chose 2 screens. Now you just go down your list and find the best unit to fit your needs.
For me it was the Simrad NSS9 Evo2's. They are touch screens with button back-up, very fast and easy to read in direct sunlight with my coastas on or off.I absolutely love them. Hope this helps you in choosing what right for you.
"Knee Deep" SOLD
2006 Seafoam 197SF
2014 DF175 Limited Edition (White Motor)
Ron Smith

wildoats

Re: gps/combo

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 6:49 pm

..very nicely put, and classy set up, I probably don't need radar, but may indeed change, Thank you for the input.

Return to Technical Discussion, Fix it, improvements