It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Scupper Hole on Transom

Electronics, projects, motors, drives, props, drill some holes, etc.
  • Author

koso

• nospam: no

Scupper Hole on Transom

PostThu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 am

On my Baysport 175 the scupper where the cockpit drains empty out through on the transom doesn't have flap or cover. If I look at the scupper hole it appears there is small bracket with screw hole in where it looks like a flap should go to regulate the water coming in and out through the transom. When I called a dealer, they said there isn't a flap and that the new Baysport 175 model he had on the showroom floor was the same way. Is this true or is there a small flap that screws in there to keep the water out. If so, does anyone know where to get this part? Mine is a 2005 if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Henry Sikes

Superstar member

Re: Scupper Hole on Transom

PostThu Jun 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Koso, there are 2 drains in the floor of your boat. Inside of those drains should be rubber balls, these balls float up and seal the drains preventing water from flowing in. If you have these balls you can not have the rubber flapper on the outside of the through hull fitting or it will not drain properly. You can have the balls or the flapper but you can not have both. To inspect your "balls" just unscrew the grate on the inside drains.
Thanks for your support!
Henry

cduced

Superstar member

PostThu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Henry is right and if you lost your balls, you can get new ones (HEC Balls) here: http://www.sportstechnocenter.com/orderingNew.htm

-- Bud

koso

PostFri Jun 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks Henry, that makes sense. I do have the balls, so I not put the flap on. Thanks cduced I saw that link and ordered them up. Already got them and worked like a charm

mxcagg

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 1:47 pm

Do the balls wear out? I have water coming in to my 175 Baysport while anchored so i assume the balls got worn out.

Return to Technical Discussion, Fix it, improvements